Monday, January 3, 2011

Clean out the pantry challenge goals

So, my goals and rules for the Clean out the Pantry Challenge are as follows:

Goal:
We want to lose weight, so our goal is to get through all the processed and fattening stuff in our pantry, freezer, and fridge this month, so that we can replace it with healthier options.

Rules: 
So, my rules for myself for this challenge are to only buy dairy and produce, UNLESS there are just some amazing deals on healthy foods that I cannot pass up! I would like the option on stocking up when the prices are low, so I don't want to deprive myself of shopping in this case!:)

I have my pantry/freezer/fridge list on this post.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds good! I hate when diets say, "The first thing you should do is get rid of all the food in your pantry and replace it with what we say you should have." I think you have a good plan, and I look forward to seeing your updates!

    -- Laura from Frugal Follies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know! I can't afford to just throw out perfectly good food! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Throwing out perfectly good food doesn't make much sense does it?

    I have some super simple recipes that may help you replace some of that processed food when it's gone.

    Brownies
    Alfredo Sauce
    "Bisquick" mix
    Crackers
    BBQ sauce & Taco seasoning

    Once I learned these, I never had to buy boxed/canned/jarred versions again. It has saved me tons! Beyond the money, the home versions are healthier too. All around good deal.

    Good luck with your goals!

    ♥ Rebecca Jean
    Midnight Maniac

    ReplyDelete