Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Beverages of Choice

I wanted to throw our beverages of choice into this mix as well!:)

Sweet Tea ala Sullins

I'm VERY picky about my sweet tea... we have tried all the national brands and we like National Cup Tea from WalMart the best! It is 100 tea bags for $1.00!! I like it better than Tetley, Lipton, etc.

So, they come in packs of 100, but each 2 teabags are stuck together. So, we use 6 tea bags, or 3 "bundles".
I put those tea bags in a small saucepan and set aside. Then I take my little piggy tea kettle, that looks like this, and boil water until it whistles. Once it whistles, I pour the boiling water over the tea bags and let them steep at least 5 minutes. 

Once steeped, I take my gallon pitcher and add 1.5 cups sugar. Then I take my sauce pan with the water and tea bags(which is now TEA lol) and using a slotted spoon, I hold the tea bags from falling into the pitcher while I pour the liquid into the pitcher. I then take the spoon and "squish" the tea bags to get all the remaining liquid out into the pitcher. I stir the tea and sugar, then add cold water to the top. There ya go! Sweet Tea ala Sullins!:)

Our Iced Coffee

Ok, so we are HUGE Starbucks and Seattle's Best fans! However, our pocketbooks are NOT! lol So, we stopped having Starbucks and started having McDonald's Sugar-Free Vanilla Iced Coffee (NOT latte, coffee... it's CHEAPER and tastes soooo good!), but McDonald's iced coffees are not consistent from store to store, or even shift to shift at the same store, so many times we had to hand back our coffee for them to fix it correctly. I got tired of it, and even though we had cut the cost in half by switching, I figured we could make it at home cheaper and more consistently good!

So, here is what I do:

I use a 32 oz cup from QuikTrip, because it has a lid and I like that size of cup.
I add 1/2 cup of flavored liquid creamer. 
Then I add a little over 1/2 cups of milk(I use skim, but it's good with 2% and whole).
Then I add ice to the top of the cup.
Then top it with brewed coffee. I use Folgers, but you can use whatever brand you want!
Stir with a butter knife, because that is just what I use! lol
Drink! YUM!!

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment